Sometimes James Taylor sings to my soul.
Driving to work this morning I passed a group of homeless men sitting in the corner of North Capitol and Florida. I've seen them before, even talked to a few of them. Today I didn't want to look and I didn't want to see them and I didn't want them to see me. I don't know if it's more painful that I can't do anything to help or that sometimes I don't want to anymore.
Nevertheless, I looked straight ahead, ignoring them to my left and later the man to my right walking by me asking for change.
Yeah, I want change too, buddy. I want change, too.
Luke and I were talking about an article he read about the Obamas looking for a church. Apparently a lot of Pastors really want Barack Obama to come to their church. On one hand it's understandable. On the other hand, I don't know why you would want someone coming to your church who publicly doesn't tithe.
On my way home from a Pre-K classroom in SE this morning Carolina on My Mind came on. I fought the urge to take 395 South instead of 395 North. And then, accidentally (or maybe not so much...) I missed a turn and ended up on 395 South anyways. As I turned around in Alexandria and got back on 395 North I got stuck in traffic. I missed my exit and got lost again since someone would not let me over. And a disturbing thought crossed my mind:
Maybe I don't dislike the idea of living in the suburbs as much as I think I do.
1 comment:
I appreciate a fellow blogger who is willing to be real, and appreciate a fellow perserve-er in this world. I loved the line "yeah, I want change too, buddy."
Say hey to Luke for me.
Post a Comment